What you need to know about the buying or selling of property in Alberta

There are intricacies to the buying, selling or refinancing of a property in the province of Alberta. Just the language of a real estate contract can be intimidating.

For example, do you know whether the terms Joint Tenants and Tenants in Common mean the same thing (See bottom of the page for the answer).

Choosing a lawyer at Coley Hennessy Cassis to handle your real estate transaction means you will have the peace of mind that comes with knowing:

  • You are being represented by someone who knows the legal details
  • Your interests are protected at every stage of the transaction
  • You have the option of asking about any potential risks before you initiate the transaction and enter into any legally binding agreements

Learn more by requesting your free introductory consultation today with a real estate lawyer in the south Edmonton law offices of Coley Hennessy Cassis.

Answer: Tenants in Common own separate shares in a property; Joint Tenants own the entire property together.

We're here when you're ready to talk.

Contact Us Today